The Library is currently in the process of diversifying the collection. Feel free to add suggestions of your own! We are working on providing recreational items, home tools and equipment. Here is a list of items currently in the mix:
- (Per Amazon) Turn the whole world into a keyboard. It’s a simple Invention Kit for Beginners or Experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between.
- How Does it Work?
Alligator Clip two objects to the Makey Makey. For example, you and a banana (or an ice cube, or a kitty cat). When you touch the banana, the computer just thinks a keyboard key is being pressed, so you can type a letter, jump in a video game, take a picture, or play some music.
Who is Makey Makey For?
Kids, Artists, Educators, Engineers, Inventors, Makers. Really it is for everyone.
What materials work with Makey Makey?
Ketchup, Pencil Graphite, Finger Paint, Fruits, Plants, Coins, Your Grandma, Silverware, Anything that is Wet, Pets, Aluminum, Rain, and hundreds more. Really any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity.
What can I create?
Make a banana piano, play Mario on a play dough game pad, take a selfie of your cat every time she drinks water. How? First, load up a computer program or any webpage. Let’s say you load up a piano. Then, instead of using the computer keyboard buttons to play the piano, you can hook the Makey Makey to something fun, like bananas, and the bananas become your piano keys. Hundreds more of examples can be found at MakeyMakey.com.
- Click here to watch a Video of the MaKey MaKey in action!
- (Per Amazon) This Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector will detect all kinds of metal from iron relics, coins and household items to precious metals like silver and gold. For more privacy when treasure seeking, the Gold Digger comes complete with headphones and 1/8” headphone jack for immediate use. Motion all-metal mode for detecting all types of metal. It identifies coin-size objects up to 6″ underground, and senses larger items up to 2′ deep. Features automatic tuning and ground balance as well as a treasure meter and sensitivity control to hone in on precious metals. A trash eliminator prevents the machine from detecting undesirable items like nails or cans. Includes headphones and a 1/8″ jack. Made in USA. 5Hx8Wx20L
– Guitar and Amp
- This FirstAct ME301 Electric Guitar is a fully-functional electric guitar that was donated to the Library. It has a rosewood fret board and maple neck. Features include a 5-way Switch, trem bridge (no wammy bar included), chrome tuners, 2 tone knobs and a volume knob. It is great for beginners or anyone willing to polish their skills!
- The amp is a Fender Frontman 15G and includes an 8 ft. cord to plug into your electric instruments.
- This telescope is another donation to the Library that provides a great avenue to explore our sky in ways you might not have previously experienced!
– Fishing Poles
- We now participate in the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission’s Fishing Tackle Loaner Program. The public can come to the library and borrow rods, reels and a tackle box with hooks and other basic tackle. Those wanting to borrow the equipment complete a form and the loan is made. At the end of the loan period the equipment is returned to the site. A valid fishing license is required outside of Free Fishing Days.
– Thermal Leak Detector
- (Per Amazon) Black & Decker TLD100 Thermal Leak Detector. The infrared sensor spots hidden energy leaks along walls, molding, ductwork & more; Energy Star (TM) can save up to 20% off heating & cooling cost; auto color change provides quick, intuitive feedback showing users where to caulk, insulate, etc.
- (Per Amazon) Simply touch the tip to a terminal strip, outlet or cord. When the tip glows red, and the unit beeps, you know there’s voltage in the line. Electricians, maintenance, service, safety personnel can quickly test for energized circuits and defective grounds on the factory floor, in the shop. Continually tests its battery and its circuit integrity with a periodic double flash visual indication using fluke voltbeat technology. It detects line voltage from 90vac – 600vac (1AC-AI-II).
– Electricity Usage Meter
- (Per Manufacturer) The cost of electricity is soaring but you can help reduce your energy costs with the new Kill A Watt EZ. Simply plug it into a wall socket and then plug in your appliance to assess how efficient they really are. The large LCD will display the power consumption by the kilowatt-hour and the built-in memory retains accumulated readings when power is interrupted. Program in your local utility rate and display projected costs by hour, day, week, month, or year. Evaluate the quality of the electrical power provided from your utility company by monitoring voltage, line frequency (Hz), and power factor (VA). Perfect for detecting voltage drops and brownout conditions before they damage delicate equipment. The knowledge you gain from Kill A Watt EZ can save you thousands of dollars.
– Auto-Leveling Laser/Stud Finder
- (Per Manufacturer) Great for hanging frames and much more, the Bulls Eye® auto leveling laser is 2 tools in one. A level projects a horizontal laser level line for precise measurements, and a stud sensor detects wood, metal studs, and live A/C wires behind walls.
– Torque Wrench
- (Per Amazon) Material: Durable all steel. -Ratchet head material: Chrome vanadium steel. -Hear and feel wrench click when torque value is reached. Generic Dimensions: -1.2″ H x 1.8″ W x 18.5″ D, 4.3 lbs. Dimensions: Overall Product Weight: -4.3 Pounds. For cars, trucks, and SUVs, choose the dual range 10-150 ft./lb. (13.6-203.5 N/m) TEKTON 1/2 in. Drive Click Torque Wrench. It prevents damage to parts or fasteners caused by accidental over-tightening during reassembly. This simple, easy-to-use ratcheting wrench is ideal for do-it-yourselfers and professionals alike. Just twist the non-slip, knurled handle to specified torque value and lock in place. The high-contrast scale provides excellent visibility, even in low light. As you tighten fastener, you will hear and feel “click” when pre-set torque value is reached. At the click, fastener is properly tightened. There is no guesswork and no broken fasteners or damaged parts. The all-steel construction, chrome vanadium ratchet head and corrosion-resistant finish mean you can expect years of dependable service.
- Video Tutorial:
- (YouTube) Tekton Torque Wrench Tutorial
– ScanGuage II
- (Per Manufacturer): ScanGuageII can help you monitor your vehicle’s most vital systems and provide the kind of real-time information you’ve been missing. Features include more than 15 built-in digital gauges, 5 sets of trip data and an easy-to-use ScanTool that shows both set and pending trouble codes — All in an ultra compact design that installs in minutes. Features include all new performance monitor, learning to improve your gas mileage and troubleshooting your vehicle.
– Ruby Handheld Video Magnifier
- (Per Manufacturer) The RUBY handheld video magnifier is small and lightweight enough to fit into a pocket or purse, yet provides the magnification you need to help you read or see details, whether you are at home or on the go. The 4.3-inch, full color, bright screen makes it outstanding for reading bills, letters, checks and receipts. The RUBY is easy to use, with large buttons that are easy to see and feel.
- We have a 1st Generation Kindle and a Kindle Fire HD 6. Both devices are pre-loaded with select titles and can access our own eBook collection for additional titles. The Kindles have become the most widely recognized eReaders on the market and have evolved over time. Explore the 1st generation Kindle to learn the basics of eReaders with this different type of reading experience. Immerse yourself in the Kindle Fire HD 6 to explore the evolution of eReaders with the ability to listen to eAudiobooks along with access to games, apps and more!