How do I get a library card?
- Residents of the City of Oil City, Cornplanter Township, President Township and Rouseville Borough can register for a FREE card.
- Oil City Library is an ACCESSPA participant so residents who reside in an area that supports any PA public library can register for a free card with their ACCESSPA registered library card from their home library.
- Non-residents pay $30 for a year membership which covers the entire household.
- Bring a valid photo id (license, PA Photo ID, student ID, etc) and proof of address (license, utility bill, lease, etc) to the library to complete the process. You will be issued a card immediately upon registering.
- Children must be at least 6 years old and have a parent or guardian present in order to register.
- Lost your card? Replacement cards are available for $2 at the front desk. You must present valid ID.
- Online Registration – Start the process online and come into the Library to finish. It makes the process more convenient and gets you checking out faster! Click here to get started.
How do I find a specific book?
- Access our Online Catalog from any web-connected device by visiting our Online Catalog or our Kid’s Catalog.
- Use the search box to look up the information you are after.
- You can type in author, title, subject or series name.
- You can even search for names of relatives that have Memorials placed in the Library.
- Set the drop-down menu beside the search box to match your search criteria.
- Ex: if you typed in Kurt Vonnegut (author) in the search box, then select “author” in the drop-down menu.
- If you are unsure of spelling or search criteria, keep the drop-down menu selected as “words or phrase” so the search will obtain more results.
- The search results will show any titles the Library has that meet your criteria along with the location of the item.
- If you are unable to find what you are looking for, then ask for assistance at the front desk. Staff will help you track item(s) down or request via Interlibrary Loan from another library!
How do I renew a book?
- Option 1: Renew online.
- Access our Online Catalog from any web-connected device by visiting https://venango.tlcdelivers.com/?config=oil.
- Login on the top right of the screen.
- User ID: Library card barcode number.
- PIN: Last 4 digits of phone number on record.
- Please call the Library if you experience issues logging in.
- Once logged in, Click on “My Account” in the toolbar near the top of the page.
- Click “Renew My Materials” near the middle of the page.
- Select the materials you want to renew or select “Renew All“.
- Click “Renew Selected Items“.
- Option 2: Call the Library at (814) 678-3072 to renew over the phone.
- Option 3: Stop in to the Library and renew at the front desk using your Library card.
How do I reserve a meeting room?
- We have a small Conference Room (fits apx. 5-10 people) and a large Meeting Room (fits up to 55 people).
- The Conference Room is FREE to use. The Meeting Room fee is $35 to rent out for individual/group events up to 4 hours; it is $50 for longer than 4 hours. It is FREE for registered non-profit organizations.
- Call in or stop in to the Library to request use of the rooms.
- When renting the Meeting Room, someone must visit the Library to sign the Meeting Room Use Agreement and pay the rental fee within 24 hours of booking.
How do I _______?
- Stop in or call the Library at (814) 678-3072 to get additional help.
- Email the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org