There are many ways you can support the library. We appreciate any efforts you put forth that can help the us accomplish our mission. This can be done by making a monetary donation to the library or donating your time through volunteering.
We even appreciate your support just by spreading the word about all we have to offer! We sincerely thank you as we rely on the support of our library users and the surrounding community to continue providing quality services and access to all of our resources.
Monetary Donations and Planned Giving
The Oil City Library is a member of Oil Region Library Association which is a charitable entity so your donations will be fully tax deductible as allowed by law.
We have plenty of volunteering opportunities and appreciate any time people are willing to offer. Per Pennsylvania law, in order to volunteer as an adult you must obtain clearances (free for volunteers) and submit them to the library. Click HERE to find access to the CLEARANCE FORMS to learn more and begin the process of submitting your information. Call or stop in to the library for more help!
- Utilizing skill sets and expert knowledge/training
- If you have a skill set or training in any particular area we’d love to explore how we can utilize that to benefit the library and surrounding community
- Hone a skill into a public program for library patrons
- Organizing donated books
- Scan items, remove covers, place in bins
- Collection Maintenance
- Organize and bundle newspapers or magazines
- “Shelf read” in the stacks for orderliness
- Rotate items within collections to fit properly on shelves
- Re-shelve returned items from carts to their home locations
- Dust PC areas, book shelves, office areas, etc.
- Grounds Maintenance
- Collect garbage, pull weeds, shovel snow, etc.
- Technology Support
- Perform equipment upgrades and routine maintenance
- Provide patron tech. support (one-on-one or groups)